Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thu Oct 09 2014

I notice that clicking sound that I associate with the elements on the stove either heating up or cooling down. I go into the kitchen to make sure I didn't leave something on. One of the burners is glowing bright red. So bright that I can barely look at it. So hot that I'm having difficulty getting near enough to the stove to reach out and turn it off. It is at this point that I realize that my subconscious has overplayed its hand. I am actually still in bed, and dreaming, and the easiest way to solve this problem is to wake up.

John’s birthday today. Don’t really get much worked up by that kind of stuff, but use it as an excuse to remember. Beatles on the stereo all day. Except when it’s Howlin’ Wolf.

Overcast, foggy, with a definite hint of chill in the air today. Drove out to do some errands that I could have as easily walked to. Little pang of guilt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment