Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wed Oct 22 2014

First physical in at least 7 years.

Let’s see… I could stand to lose a couple of pounds. Check. I’m overdue for another colonoscopy. Saw that coming. I have a small hernia. That’s new news. Nothing much to do but know that it’s there, unless I feel like volunteering for surgery (I think not). Blood pressure borderline. Mild signs of water retention call salt intake into question. Could be related. Something to watch. Need to check bp regularly. Tetanus now up to date, and inoculated for Whooping Cough (if I hadn’t witnessed the stuff sweeping through schools last year, that one would never have occurred to me). Blood drawn for the usual tests. I can check the results online in a day or two. Other than that, everything was “good”, “perfect”, “yes”.

Basically, I’m 61. And considering my mother never made it to 61, I’m feeling extraordinarily fortunate.


No comments:

Post a Comment