Monday, September 22, 2014

Mon Sep 22 2014

Down So Low by Tracy Nelson/Mother Earth is now officially the most pervasive ear worm I have ever encountered. For more than a week it has been playing in my mind at the moment I wake up, every day. This morning I was thinking about something entirely unrelated when I noticed that it was playing in the background, like the sound system at a grocery store. The only way I can get rid of it is to intentional run a different song in my mind, preferably something I am working on.

Made Sunday a day off. Did some bicycling in the morning, before it got too warm. It got into the mid-80s by late afternoon, but in my little semi-subterranean lair that doesn’t really affect me. I am constantly leaving the house fantastically overdressed, because I need a sweatshirt to stay warm inside, even though it is roasting outside. Hung out in the yard and did some reading. Watched a little too much football. In every way a lovely day.

No lessons today until mid afternoon, and then it goes straight into the evening. My last lesson, at 8pm, is one of my every-other-week students, and planning what to do with him is always a bit of a challenge. But this week I already know what I have in mind for that lesson – a natural follow up from the last. The thing is, I keep forgetting that I’ve got it covered, and go into a panic about what to do. Evidently panicking every other Monday is a well-established habit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment