Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sun Sep 07 2014

Up earlier than yesterday, but not much. Another stunning looking day out. And again I feel obliged to honor it. No lessons or other scheduled obligations today, so I’m visualizing a long morning bicycle ride. I have been remiss in my grocery shopping, so there ain’t much in the house, and what I need is too much to carry in my backpack. An actual grocery trip at some time in the day will be needed as well. Weirdly having fond and nostalgic feelings about those grey days when I don’t feel so duty bound to get out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Slow Sunday. After a good, long, sweaty bike ride, and a little reading out in the back yard, and a trip to the grocery store, and some lunch, I set up to do some practicing. Not a lot of heart. Did some good work on Wang Dang Doodle, which I really need to touch on quite regularly if this arrangement is going to work. Also, while I was biking the Johnny Winter version of the Lightnin’ Hopkins tune, Back Door Friend, kept running through my mind. I kind of figured it must be on my “Under Consideration” list. I have always liked it, but Johnny’s version is a heavy slide arrangement, and slide ain’t really my thing. Pulled up the list and realized it’s not on it. Hmmm. Maybe Louisiana Blues is out and Back Door Friend is in? It has a number of elements that kind of speak to me. Played around with it for a bit. Felt good. –ish. Not quite enough to officially move it to the Active list, but I kind of want to keep it on my radar.

Overall, I was doing worthwhile work but I wasn’t really feeling the love. So after a while I switched gears and went to some callisthenic/scale exercises. I can generally get something going with these exercises, even when I’m distracted or have no energy. It worked for an hour or so. Then I threw in the towel and turned on the endless string of football games.

No comments:

Post a Comment