Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wed Sep 03 2014

Driving down Greenwood about 9pm, I see the Ould Triangle, notice that it is Wednesday night, and think "Wednesday Night Blues Jam". Decide to pop in. Jeff on stage doing his solo slide stuff. Greeted me from the stage. Wished I had a harmonica or two in my pocket, which isn't as unusual as it sounds - I often carry harmonicas just for such an occasion. As if on cue, Jeff called out to me to see if I had my harps and wanted to join him. Opportunity missed.

Sat for an hour, nursing one drink. It was early, and the players were still on the sober side, and everything sounded very good. Made the observation that if someone shows up with a white Strat, they are probably going to play some Jeff Beck tunes. Wondered what my sunburst says about me.

The regulars were doing their thing, and as I took it all in I thought about why I would want to play. Saw that I need to get a working band together, with a solid repertoire.

So, what and where is this band? Not the Undercover Blues Band. When we are not Curt-Bill-Igor, it really isn’t the same band. Subs will get us through in a pinch, but there is something that only happens when we 3 are together. And Bill is kind of busy these days. Igor is also ridiculously busy, but he would not say “no”, and who else could I possibly want if Igor is available. We’ll see. I think this band is probably “Curt Golden and the ________s”, which is a rather different kind of entity.

As I drove home, saw that I needed to get my repertoire together. Practicing is fun, but it can actually be a distraction for me. I need to play songs, and sing, and do a little bit of harmonica-izing. Began to formulate a plan for the upcoming days, and the idea of this journal came flying in

No comments:

Post a Comment